A delicious alternative to regular bread, for those who can’t tolerate gluten. This savoury bread resembles a loaf cake, like banana bread, but can be topped with all sorts of unsweetened toppings, such as mashed avocado with sea salt and lime, egg salad with dill and capers or a spicy mango chutney and some old cheddar. Admittedly my favorite topping is on the sweeter side, toasted with a schmear of almond-coconut butter, topped with raspberry jam and a sprinkle of cinnamon. But you do whatever you like 🙂
Almond Flax Bread (GF)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond flour (aka almond meal)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp EACH baking soda and fine sea salt
- 5 large Organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered, ideally)
- 2 Tbsp honey (raw and organic, ideally)
- Preheat oven to 325 degF. In the bowl of a food processor add almond flour, coconut flour, flax, baking soda and salt. Pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse again, about 6-7 times until the mixtures is well combined but not over-mixed.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper-lined, or well-greased, loaf pan (9x5") and bake for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Katie Compton Chemij, BHSc, RHN
Holistic Nutritionist and Natural Foods Chef
USANA Health Sciences Distributor
Phone : 416.629.5269
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org