Getting more veggies into a toddler can be tricky sometimes…am I right Moms? So throw them in where you can! These pancakes are just like the Baby Banana Coconut Pancake recipe, replacing with some pumpkin and doubling the batch so the whole family can enjoy! Calling all Paleo Moms and Dads! These protein-rich pancakes are grain and added-sugar free 🙂
Baby Pumpkin Coconut Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tsp pumpkie pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and ginger)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 large organic eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- In a medium bowl stir together mashed banana and pumpkin puree. Add in remaining ingredients and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little coconut oil to medium and ladle in batter to make 1-2 large pancakes at a time (or 4-5 baby ones), flipping when golden brown on both sides. Repeat until batter is gone. Note: the batter is soft and delicate, so be careful when flipping. Be nice to your pancakes :)
- Eat warm, with a drizzle of real maple syrup (not for baby though), or at room temp like a big super soft pancake cookie! Mmm.
- Baby pancakes can be kept in a sealed container, layered with wax paper, in the fridge. Gently re-heat in a dry pan.
- Servings : 2-4
Katie Compton Chemij, BHSc, RHN
Holistic Nutritionist and Natural Foods Chef
USANA Health Sciences Distributor
Phone : 416.629.5269
E-Mail : email@example.com