A frittata is simply a baked omelet, accented with any ingredients you either have on hand or just love! Don't over complicate this recipe and eat it anytime, for any meal.
*If you have extra-large eggs go with 8, but if you have less than 10 large eggs 8 or 9 will also work. Don’t go out to buy more eggs if you only have 8! Frittata may just need 1 less minute to broil with less eggs. Do not fuss over this simple dish 😊.
So many options!
Substitute other vegetables (or none at all) in place of mushrooms and leeks:
• asparagus or broccoli (cut in 1-inch pieces) with sliced green onion or shallot
• omit onion altogether and add another veg, such as chopped red bell pepper or zucchini
• omit all veg, keep garlic, serve frittata with a BIG green leafy salad on the side
• feel free to add a little crumbled bacon or turkey sausage to the pan, before cooking veg
• double (or triple) amount of fresh herbs and use creamy goat cheese