Healthy Cooking Demonstrations
Invite Chef Katie into your home office or workplace for a live culinary demonstration:
- 45-60 minute online demonstration, featuring healthy, seasonal recipe preparations
- Handouts and recipes sent to all participants prior to session
- Nutrition and culinary tips included in every demonstration
- Option for employees to cook alongside Chef Katie
- OPTIONAL: 30 minute Lunchtime Express session (1 featured recipe)
themes and recipe examples:
- Seasonal & Local
The most delicious and available ingredients for the season are featured among recipes that promise nourishing and taste-driven results. Recipes vary from one-pan meals and wholesome grain bowls or salads to oven-roasted (or grilled) favourites with savory sides and a comforting dessert. Each season helps create a variety of culinary possibilities.
- Rainbow Recipes for Monday Blues
Starting off the workweek fueled and focused! These quick-to-prepare, satisfying morning meal recipes balance nutrient and energy needs, while keeping sugar intake low to help stabilize mood and keep the mind sharp.
- Back to Basics: Meal Essentials for Busy Days
No-fuss recipes that simplify meal prep and create satiating results for when life is busy and everyone is hungry! These soon-to-be favourites can include roasted chicken, 'not boring' salads with homemade dressing, one-pan suppers, speedy sides and perfectly cooked fish...the Canadian way!
- Better Baking: Muffins, Cookies and Cake, Oh My!
Baked goodies that pack a nutritional punch and please a sweet tooth. An introduction to novice baking techniques and concepts is included for creating anytime treats (yes, even breakfast!) for taking to work or enjoying at snack time.
- A Grilled Cheese Adventure: Bread + Cheese = Possibilities!
*A great option for interactive, team building class with vegan options available*
How do we all love thee? Let us explore the grilled cheese ways! Traditional, plant-based or fancy and gourmet, these well-loved sandwich recipes are sure to impress any grilled cheese lover for any occasion when making food is just so much fun!
- Comforting Canadian Classics
Recipes that remind how awesome it is living in the #truenorth are featured in this special session that demonstrates a balance between healthy and indulgent. Recipe choices include, Moose Ears (aka Beaver Tails), Canadian Split Pea Soup, Perfectly Roasted Pacific Salmon and Two-Potato Poutine!
- Always Room for Chocolate
Uncomplicated, easy-to-prepare desserts that feature both the decadence and health properties of chocolate!
pricing *NEW pricing in effect Oct 1st, 2022*
- Regular 45-60 min session - $525 (up to 30 participants, + $150 for each additional 10)
- 30-min Lunchtime Express session- $395 (same as above for 30+ participants)
- Additional cost for recipe ingredients (depending on fluctuating food costs, typical range is $90-150)