Balsamic Marinated Goat Cheese
- 300 g log plain goat cheese, sliced in 1/2" rounds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14-16 Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp cracked blacked pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes (optional)
Place goat cheese rounds in shallow dish, laying flat or slightly overlapping for presentation, if you like.
Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over cheese. Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Can marinate up to 3 days in advance.
Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with fresh or toasted baguette slices, halved and roasted baby potatoes or on a bed of salad greens with chopped toasted walnuts.
TIP: use unflavoured dental floss to slice goat cheese into rounds and make sure goat cheese is cold
Hi, I'm Katie!
I am a nutritionist, chef, mom to two little ones, and a lover of food!
I hope you enjoy my recipes and food blog. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.