Coconut Curried Chickpeas
- 1 can 598mL Coconut milk
- 2 green onions sliced thin and including green tops
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. each yellow curry powder and garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. cup Fish sauce or Tamari
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar or mirin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp hot sauce optional
- 2 19oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained OR 3 cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 5 oz. container Organic baby spinach
In a saucepan/pot, whisk all ingredients together. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to a light simmer for 10 minutes. (Sauce can be refrigerated as is for 1 week or frozen for up to 2 months).
Add chickpeas and spinach. Cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and chickpeas are warmed through. Finish with extra lime juice, if you like. Serve over cooked brown rice, quinoa or millet.
Replace chickpeas with lentils, white beans or kidney beans.
Hi, I'm Katie!
I am a nutritionist, chef, mom to two little ones, and a lover of food!
I hope you enjoy my recipes and food blog. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.