- 1 cup each Almond milk or coconut milk and water
- 1 cup Organic quinoa rinsed
- 1 ½ cups blackberries* fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans**
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or thick coconut milk
Combine almond milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed (should look similar to creamy rice pudding).
Stir in blackberries, zest, cinnamon, maple syrup and pecans. Let stand for 5 minutes. Divide and top each serving with a dollop of yogurt.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days, reheat servings as needed.
*Obviously any other berry you love works here too
**While quinoa cooks toast pecans in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Finely chop and measure. Feel free to also use walnuts or almonds in place of pecans.