Trick your friends or serve this to anyone with an egg allergy. Super high in protein, this golden-coloured tofu variation will resemble scrambled eggs studded with veggies and packed with savoury flavour.
- 1 block firm Organic tofu drained
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 green onions including green parts, sliced thin
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic about 1 clove
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, cilantro or basil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium Tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Salsa and/or guacamole for serving
Cut tofu into one inch cubes, approx. Crumble cubes slightly, with hands or fork, into smaller pieces. Set aside.
Heat oil in medium pan over med-high heat. Sautee onion, peppers and crumbled tofu for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium and allow to cook 3-5 more minutes, stirring frequently. The colour from the turmeric will make mixture resemble scrambled eggs! Season with more sea salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve warm with salsa on side, or divide and wrap in a warmed whole-grain tortillas with a dollop of salsa and/or guacamole for a hearty breakfast burrito.
Hi, I'm Katie!
I am a nutritionist, chef, mom to two little ones, and a lover of food!
I hope you enjoy my recipes and food blog. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Leave a Comment